DraftKings' Play+ Prepaid Card
Getting your money in and out of your online sportsbook account is often an unnecessarily complicated business.
This is largely down to the fact that the US banking system is not always up to date with the legislative changes that have swept the country since the US Senate withdrew the federal ban on sports betting.
Over a dozen states now allow online sportsbooks to operate within state lines and several have allowed restricted sports wagering. The rest have either not voted on the matter, or have continued to uphold the ban.
This has resulted in a patchwork effect, with different parts of the country at different stages of the legislative process. For the banks, who had for so many years recognized the blanket ban on all sports wagers this proved too much, too quick.
Nowadays, even if you are in a state that allows for legal online sports betting your bank will likely block a transaction made with your Visa or Mastercard to your sportsbook.
Sometimes, your payment might be approved, but when it comes to these transactions reliability is essential - and there is simply no guarantee.
That is why alternative payment platforms have proven so popular in the US sports betting market.
One such alternative is the DraftKings prepaid card, which acts as a middleman between your bank and your sportsbook allowing you to circumvent all the pesky and often arbitrary restrictions.
DraftKings' Prepaid Card is co-branded with Play+, so it can also be referred to as simply a Play+ card. However, since Play+ have partnerships with a number of other sportsbooks make sure you select the DraftKings card.
The DraftKings Play+ card is not a credit card so you do not need to wait for approval, you do need any credit check and there are no credit limits. You simply load up your card and wager.
- A DraftKings Play+ card offers you full control. Since the card is a prepaid card, you control how much money is in your account at all times. No overdraft, no fees.
- Your card is linked to the DraftKings loyalty scheme. Since the card is an official DraftKings card, you will be entitled to all their promotions.
- No approval required. Unlike a credit or debit card, the DraftKings card does not require credit approval.
- Easier to deposit and withdraw that with your Visa or Mastercard. Normal credit or debit card payments are routinely blocked by your bank, especially when you attempt a cashout.
- You load your card with cash. You can top your card up with cash at any Play+ location.
- Full withdrawal time can take a little longer. Although withdrawing your funds from your DraftKings account to your prepaid card will not take that long, you will then need to transfer those funds to either your credit/debit card or use an e-wallet such as PayPal. This means that there are two stages in the withdrawal process rather than one, making the process longer.
How to sign up to your DraftKings Play+ Prepaid Card
- First, you will need to create your DraftKings account and collect your welcome bonus.
- The current bonus is up to $1,000 and will be equal to 20% of your first deposit. So, an initial deposit of $100 will give you a $20 bonus.
- When you have completed the registration process and are about to make your first deposit you should select the Play+ funding option.
- Then verify your details are correct and read the Terms & Conditions. Then click Deposit and Enrol.
- You will then be allowed to deposit funds using your bank card and your personalized card will arrive within 10-14 days.
How to deposit with a DraftKings Play+ Card account
The most popular way of funding your DraftKings Card is with a bank card. To do this you need to complete the following steps:
- Select Play+ as a funding option
- Select the amount your wish to deposit to your DraftKings Play+ card
- Enter your card details when prompted
- Add the security code and the expiration fields
- Select the amount your wish to deposit to your DraftKings account
- Click Confirm Deposit
How to withdraw with a DraftKings Play+ Card account
To withdraw your funds, you can follow these steps:
- Go to the withdrawal page in your DraftKings account
- Select the Play+ funding option
- Enter the amount you wish to withdraw
- Click Request Withdrawl
Once the money is with your DraftKings Play+ card, the amount of your original deposit will automatically be sent back via your debit or credit card that was used previously. The remaining amount will need to be transferred seperately.
If your Visa or Mastercard is not accepted, then we recommend you send these funds to your PayPal account.
What is a DraftKings Prepaid Card?
A DraftKings Prepaid Card is a payment options which makes deposits and withdrawals from your DraftKings account significantly easier.
The card is operated by Play+ and can allows you transfer money from your bank account into DraftKings without the restrictions placed on you by your Visa or Mastercard.
There are no credit checks, and sign-up is instant since it is not a credit card.
How do I get a DraftKings Credit Card?
DraftKings do not offer a branded credit card. However, they do offer a branded prepaid Play + card.
With this card you can transfer money from your Visa or Mastercard to your Prepaid card. You can then transfer the money into your DraftKings account.